Six Questions That Will Be Asked
- What happens to subscribers of these companies?
The cancelled licences will be valid for four months during which subscribers can find a new operator.
- Will companies like Telenor and Etisalat lose their investments?
They’ll make losses but can sell physical infrastructure. They can re-enter through JVs, once TRAI finalises norms. Some may exit market in toto.
- How much money can the government make from auctioning 2G spectrum?
Close to 3G auction levels of `60,000 crore, but 2G spectrum will not now be a scarce commodity.
- Will any of the companies appeal the SC verdict?
The government has accepted the order. Some firms may buy time by appealing to a full SC bench.
- Will banks write off exposure to affected licencees?
Some non-performing assets are possible, but banks would have factored in this situation as...