- Maj Iqbal was my handler. He and Lt Col Hamza listened to my plan for more than two hours. The Lt Col assured me of all financial help.”
- Maj Iqbal paid me $25,000 (for the recce trip to Mumbai). He was already aware of the transportation of attackers to Mumbai through the sea route.
- Maj Iqbal asked me to explore the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in Mumbai, especially its staff colony, as a target...
- ISI was under pressure to stop the integration of Kashmir-based jehadi organisations with the Taliban-based outfits.
- The commitment to jehad in Afghanistan influenced many to leave Kashmir-centric outfits. This compelled the LeT to consider a spectacular terrorist strike in India.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), India’s premier agency to investigate terrorist-related cases which was set up in December 2008, interrogated David Coleman Headley, one of the prime accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks,...