A Man & His Mission
- Anna Hazare's crusade against corruption began in 1991 with the Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan in Ralegan Siddhi, near Pune
- His first fight, in 1991 (when Sharad Pawar was Maharashtra CM), was against 42 forest officials operating on behalf of timber merchants. Some officials were suspended. Others were transferred as a result of his protests.
- In 1993, Hazare directly took on Sharad Pawar and accused his government of corruption
- 1995-96 saw him take on the Shiv Sena-BJP government in Maharashtra. The government, headed by Manohar Joshi, had to sack two ministers.
- From 1997-2003, Hazare led a campaign to enact RTI in Mahrashtra. In 2003, the president signed it into law.
- In 2003, Hazare took on four corrupt ministers in the NCP-Congress government in Maharashtra. A judicial probe was ordered against them.
- His latest Jan Lokpal Bill campaign was launched in 2010.
- In the last 20 years, he has fasted for 108...