Tips from People for Better Treatment to make your battle less tough
- Always insist on a post-mortem and based on that file a police complaint under Section 304 of IPC.
- ake an immediate written request for complete Medical Records citing Section 1.3.2 of the MCI’s Code of Ethics and Regulations.
- Keep original documents with you.
- Write a complaint with detailed evidence (photocopies) to the state medical council with copy to PBT, MCI and the state health ministry
- Discuss possible “civil” (for compensation) within 2 years and “criminal” case, where appropriate; prepare case with help from a doctor.
B.P. Suresh Kumar breaks down on the phone. Not once, but many times. The Bangalore-based advertising professional is recounting the events that led to the death of his son B.S. Sanjay in May 2010. “He was a good boy, you know. So intelligent that he had designed something for Nokia...