Not In The Book
- Central Bureau of Investigation (1946) Set up by the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act
- Intelligence Bureau (1947) Under MHA, no constitutional/statutory status Planning Commission of India (1950) Set up by a resolution of GoI
- National Law Commission (1955) Under the ministry of law and justice. First Law Commission was formed in 1955.
- Central Water Commission Apex organisation came into existence as ‘Central Water and Power Commission’ in 1951. CWC was separated in 1974
- National Human Rights Commission The ‘quasi-judicial’ body was set up under Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- National Advisory Council (2004) An advisory body chaired by the UPA chairperson for the PM of India
- National Knowledge Commission (2005) Advisory body to the PM of India
THIS ARTICLE IS PRICELESS...
To read this piece, and more such stories in India's most exciting and exacting magazine, plus get access to our 25-year archives goldmine, please subscribe.