Not In The Book
- Central Bureau of Investigation (1946) Set up by the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act
- Intelligence Bureau (1947) Under MHA, no constitutional/statutory status Planning Commission of India (1950) Set up by a resolution of GoI
- National Law Commission (1955) Under the ministry of law and justice. First Law Commission was formed in 1955.
- Central Water Commission Apex organisation came into existence as ‘Central Water and Power Commission’ in 1951. CWC was separated in 1974
- National Human Rights Commission The ‘quasi-judicial’ body was set up under Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- National Advisory Council (2004) An advisory body chaired by the UPA chairperson for the PM of India
- National Knowledge Commission (2005) Advisory body to the PM of India