The One Who Did Not Get It
Why Gandhi was denied a Nobel*
- (Gandhi) is a freedom fighter and a dictator, frequently a Christ but then suddenly an ordinary politician
- His well-known struggle in South Africa was on behalf of the Indians only and not the blacks whose living conditions were even worse
- He was not a real politician or proponent of international law, not primarily a humanitarian relief worker and not an organiser of international peace congresses
- He is not only an apostle for peace; he is first and foremost a patriot. Moreover, we have to bear in mind that Gandhi is not naive
- He didn’t belong to an organisation, he left no property behind and no will. Who should get the prize money?
*Some of the objections recorded by advisors to the Nobel committee
On October 10, a foreign correspondent called late in the afternoon to ask, “Do you know Kailash Satyarthi? Who is he? He’s the Indian...