An A-G Who Is Looking Cagey
- Opinion Polls: Advised the UPA that banning opinion polls during election campaigning is legally sustainable
- CBI: Advised GoI to oppose greater autonomy to the CBI; also gave a legal opinion to keep the CBI out of the RTI Act
- Nuclear liability: Perceived to have advised the government to allow dilution of nuclear liability by foreign suppliers
- Black money: Opposed the Supreme Court order to constitute an SIT to bring back black money from abroad
- Criminal MPs: PM consulted Vahanvati before cabinet clearance of ordinance (later withdrawn) on convicted lawmakers
- Mystery caller: Lodges an FIR after a mysterious lady calls him up, pretending to be UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi
- Swiss bank account: Accused by CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta to have hoarded black money in a Swiss bank (UBS) account. Serves a legal notice on the...