We Have No Recall
- For the first time since its inception, CIC’s functions expropriated by the govt
- A search committee set up to appoint a new CIC chief says meeting details cannot be revealed; “highly confidential”
- RTI appeals pertaining to prime depts like PMO, SC, CAG, CVC, EC, haven’t been allotted to any commissioner
- Overall 37,788 cases currently pending before the CIC. Will take an estimated 24 months to be disposed at the current rate.
- Successive governments remain furtive, hardly making any proactive disclosures mandated by the RTI Act
February still had a day left when in a curt reply, the Union ministry of home affairs declined to furnish any information on how recipients of the Padma awards were chosen. “The process is not yet complete,” said the Central Public Information Office (CPIO) a month after the awards were announced on the eve...