Give Us The Mike
- Radio Bundelkhand in Orchha and Lalit Lokvani in Lalitpur have radio shows by women, for women
- Khabra Ri Potli, a monthly from Ajmer, has women readers across 28 villages
- Tribal women in Chhattisgarh post live news snippets of local corruption and civic issues on online platform CGNet Swara
- Goa-based Video Volunteers mobilises women community reporters to submit news clips
- Gaon ki Awaaz, a mobile audio news bulletin in Rampur-Mathura village, UP, ropes in women student reporters
- Over 50 women make films and news clips on village-level themes in Medak, AP
Geeta Mohanpuria from Kishengarh village near Ajmer says she “used to be shy...too shy to even step out of my house”. But that was awhile back. Today she’s a hard-nosed, sharp-tongued reporter who chases news stories down on her motorcycle, long black plait trailing in the wind. In the last...