Sonrise or Sunset?
- The Kadapa byelection is a make-or-break election for YSR’s son Jaganmohan Reddy
- He is contesting the Kadapa Lok Sabha seat; his mother Vijayalakshmi is contesting the Pulivendula assembly seat
- The two have been playing the sympathy card and trying to cash in on the YSR legacy
- 11 candidates with the name Jaganmohan Reddy and seven Vijayalakshmi have filed papers
- Feeling the heat, Congress has put 12 ministers on the campaign
Addressing a crowd while campaigning in Kadapa, Jaganmohan Reddy says, “This is not just an election, it’s war. It’s a fight between dharma and adharma, justice and injustice.” The wave of the hand that accompanies those words is an imitation of a famous gesture of his late father, former chief minister and Congress strongman Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy. The May 8 byelections for the Kadapa Lok Sabha seat, which Jagan...