The Problem Of Too Much Attention
- A PIL in Feb alleged that CJI Kapadia had a conflict of interest in the Vodafone tax case. It was dismissed; a penalty was imposed.
- Advocate Harish Salve says he was misquoted in the Vodafone matter. Eligibility criterion spelt out for court reporters.
- In Mar, CJI says reports on the disproportionate assets of ex-CJI K.G. Balakrishnan are upsetting
- SC hurt by reports of a judge listing her daughters in ‘liabilities’
- Advocate Fali Nariman says a confidential exchange between his client Sahara and SEBI was leaked on TV. CJI directs parties to make submission in the matter.
- Court expresses concern over how the media reported on events surrounding the murder of Arushi Talwar and on her personal life
Over the last couple of days, two pillars of democracy have decided that the media must be kept on a leash. First, the Lok Sabha secretariat...