Recent Chinese Investment In India
- TBEA in power sector
- Fosun in Pharma and API
- Wanfeng Auto Wheels, Kingfa and Lesso in Auto components
- Trina Solar, Jinko Solar, Golden Concord Holdings in Solar modules
- Huawei and ZTE in telecom
- Sany and Liugong in construction equipment
- Gionee, Huawei and Xiaomi in consumer electronics
Despite the unresolved border issue, disputes over territory and, most recently, lingering tension over the impasse at Doklam, China continues to be one of India’s largest trading and business partners. In the last few years, trade between India and China have leapfrogged—official data puts it as worth about $75 billion.
Yet, concernedly, India has a huge trade deficit with China, which means our imports from China far exceeds our exports to it. According to data from the Union Ministry of Commerce, India imported goods worth $61.3 billion from...