Fall And Decline
- Maharashtra disaster shows Congress’s failure to pick up the pieces after the Lok Sabha defeat
- Narendra Modi’s promise of a “Congress-free India” looms large over grand old party
- Irrigation scam in Maharashtra under Ajit Pawar of NCP and the albatross of Robert Vadra in Haryana weighed heavily for Congress
- Rahul Gandhi’s continuing inability to achieve any kind of traction among voters spells a leadership crisis
- Breakdown of old identity markers under the Modi blitz means Congress needs a complete policy overhaul
A Congressman quotes the Bhagwad Gita: “To Karma (action) alone hast thou a right and never at all to its fruits; let not the fruits of action be thy motive; neither let there be in thee any attachment to inaction.” Long-standing members of the grand old party are in a philosophical mood: when things get this bad, they can only get better, says one. There is no...