A Few Good Questions
- Has the economy bottomed out?
Despite optimism that the worst is over, most forecasts have pared growth expectations for 2013-14
- Will inflation remain under check?
If the monsoon delivers, WPI inflation may remain at 5%; but the danger lies in supply side issues in foods
- Will there be a pick-up in govt and pvt investments?
Efforts to ease some of the bottlenecks will bring more projects in power, steel and cement to completion
- Can the youth look forward to better employment opportunities?
Jobs in manufacturing remain tough; slippage in services growth won’t help
- Will consumption-led stimulus save the day?
Buying sentiment remains sluggish, but that could quickly change with lower interest rates.
“Do not belittle India’s growth prospects,” Union finance...