What Is Download Nation
- Fuelled by cheap broadband, 30-40 million Indians—a large chunk of the internet population—is downloading and sharing music, software, films, TV shows, games
- Google data shows a 2050% growth in searches for “extra torrent movies”, 700% growth for “songs.pk free download” and 900% for “Hollywood blue films” in the past 12 months
- Between 19 and 35 years, most are working males who see free content as an undeniable fact of life
- Using peer-to-peer networks, Indians now largest downloaders of illegal content in Asia, fourth largest in the world
- Viewing streaming content like YouTube videos has overtaken social networking in popularity
Every night, Subir Singh comes home from work and gets down to business. While his family sleeps, the 23-year-old graphics designer switches on his PC (he...