Five Online News Sites You Must Visit
- Slate: Created in 1996, it is one of the pioneers of avant-garde web-only journalism and has even spawned a French version in 2009
- ProPublica: A website that specialises in investigative journalism and co-publishes it with various print outlets. Won a Pulitzer for investigative reporting in 2010.
- Salon: Picked by TIME as the website of the year in 1996, Salon.com promotes itself as a smart tabloid
- Christian Science Monitor: An iconic US national daily that went online in April 2009 to cut losses and became a weekly in print
- US News and World Report: Once a weekly in the top league, along with TIME and Newsweek, but since November 2008 has relocated to the web with a monthly magazine in print.
Journalists and media owners are facing a daily dilemma as they seek to engage...