Uneasy Lies The Head...
- PDP’s pledge to free jailed former militants, political prisoners won’t find favour with BJP
- Will have to walk the talk on its promise to facilitate dialogue between separatists and New Delhi
- Settling West Pakistan refugees in Jammu, to which BJP is committed, will be a thorny issue. So too the resettlement of Pandits in the Valley.
- Poll pledge of initiating trial against police officers responsible for the death of civilians in 2010 unlikely to get BJP’s support
- Bound to seek New Delhi’s sanction to prosecute paramilitary/army personnel wanted for custodial deaths, rapes etc; BJP sure to oppose it
- PDP committed to white paper exposing malpractices in NC regime; BJP is alive to alliances in future
The political drama that played out in J&K and New Delhi last fortnight resembled in one sense a charade and...