- Young Northeasterners are hugely in demand in the metros, in retail jobs, call centres, nursing, beauty parlours and spas, fashion, event management and trendy restaurants
- Employers are all praise for their sincerity, commitment, social skills
- Proficiency in English and a cosmopolitan awareness set them apart from the rest of the workforce
- Their sense of style gives them an edge in jobs where looks matter
- The women are particularly confident and competent, thanks to the success of widespread female education in Northeastern states
***When Aseem Grover opened the Big Chill cafe in Delhi, he planned on an ambience that would be relaxed and, well, chilled out. To that end, he says, "our effort was deliberately not to get white-shirted, black-trousered waiters who couldn't do anything but pour water". One of his first hires was a young Manipuri woman, and soon he hired her friend, who had a cousin,...