Hot Cycling Tracks
- Bandra Bandstand to NCPA, Nariman Point after 9.30 pm
- Worli Seaface to NCPA on Sunday, weekday after 10 pm
- Exploring Sanjay Gandhi National Park, all day
- Along the Western Express Highway, midnight
- Riding to Versova, catching a boat to Madh Island and then cycling to Gorai beach, all day
They have become a common sight in Mumbai now. You only have to park yourself on the flyover above Mahim Causeway after dark to witness the movement. Whizzing through traffic on sleek bicycles post 9.30 pm, kitted out in helmets, gloves and gear you would have only associated with Lance Armstrong, is a growing urban breed: the night cyclist. A far cry from the doodhwala bhaiyyas, and pao-delivery guys riding ponderously on their ancient iron Atlas bikes, these nouveau cyclists have plonked out anywhere between Rs 20,000 and Rs 9 lakh for their set of super-light carbon and alloy wheels for a shot...