Why Pushpak Flew
- Plot: Romance, comedy, villainy, poverty, luxury, all in a king-for-a-day dream-come-true story that premiered at Cannes.
- Director: Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, who did two more outstanding comedies, Appu Raja and Michael Mathana Kamarajan.
- Actors: The insouciance of Kamalahaasan, innocence of Amala and cunning of Tinu Anand with the ice daggers.
- Music: L. Vaidyanathan’s haunting melody. He later composed the title track of the hit TV magazine show, Surabhi.
Why The Artist Shines
- Concept: A B&W silent film about the B&W silent films of the 1920s, with references to many great epics.
- French connection: A French team making a film about era-gone-by Hollywood adds to its unique joie-de-vivre
- Dog: Scene-stealer Jack Russell, Uggie