- Investment Blues: While there has been higher public investment, inflow of foreign direct investment is yet to deliver.
- Man Vs Machine: Hi-tech manufacturing and increasing mechanisation are limiting the number of jobs in the market.
- No Economy Is An Island:Global trends are impacting exports and employment across various sectors.
- A Casual Turn:A shift from permanent jobs to contract staffing—both blue- and white-collar—is being witnessed.
- Missing The Match:There are jobs as well as a large number of jobless people, suggesting persistent jobs-skills mismatch.
- Stadium:Growing contractualisation and lacunae in skill-development means the job-creation strategy needs a rethink.
Blame it on global or domestic scenario, but the Modi government’s promise of ending a decade of jobless...