- The economic blockade of the Valley has led to a loss of thousands of crores in business
- Apple orchards have been the worst-hit since produce could not be transported out of the Valley to Jammu and beyond for sale.
- The 'Muzaffarpur Chalo' call led thousands to march to the LoC on August 11. The firing on the procession led to five deaths. Among them was separatist leader Abdul Aziz Sheikh, and this raised temperatures even further.
- Despite a curfew, several thousands, some waving Pakistani flags, came out to mourn Sheikh's death at his August 12 funeral.
- Police firing led to the death of 16 people. In all 21 people died in the violence.
- The Centre is yet to resolve the issue of land allotment to the Amarnath shrine board. The Valley and Jammu both continue to be tense.
***The famed fruit of the Kashmir valley is rotting. But the stench pervading the region is one of fear. Massive rallies in...