- Will allow greater leeway to increase investments in better stocks
- LIC should be able generate better returns for policyholders
- Should allow LIC to exit investments in unlisted firms
- GoI will continue using LIC as last minute saviour for disinvestments
- Increased risk for LIC’s already large investments in individual firms, PSUs
- Government’s agenda undermines policyholder interest, regulator
As millions of Indians know well, the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is in the business of insuring lives and, for most, generating safe returns. But of late, it’s...