One Big Mess
- Leaders Chief Nitin Gadkari doesn’t inspire much confidence. Second-line leaders don’t see eye to eye.
- Satraps State leaders act as their own bosses, detest being dictated to
- Party Nothing national about it;
- BJP looks like a cocktail of regional outfits, no questions asked
- Sangh RSS meddling post-2009 elections getting all too obvious, as in Rajya Sabha nominations
- Base Like Congress, lost big in UP. Vote percentage shrinking across India; Karnataka slipping away.
- Allies Spectre of Modi and sudden revival of Third Front dreams hamper expansion ahead of 2014 polls.
- Issues Corruption, porn, seat-sale scandals eat into party’s image
These days both the Congress and the BJP look like losers, a lone...