- Global confidence about India declines. MNC heads say India no longer preferred destination.
- Reversal on retail FDI affects mood, global media/investors raise doubts about investing
- FDI is up, but significant drop in FII investment in Apr-Oct this year as compared to 2010-11
- Given the Euro crisis, investors staying away form risky bets, fuels fear about India’s prospects
- Experts feel problems are cyclical, hope Indian economy will turn around in 2012
Given the waves of bad news about the Indian economy, a general gloom and doom has become the default mode. Few have been really upbeat about the economy and the business environment in India over the last year. But through all this pain—in the past few months, companies have slowed plans, analysts and rating agencies have been murderous in their assessment of India—one constant has kept everyone’s hopes up. At a...