Nuts & Bolts Disaster...
- Andhra has 697 engineering colleges, with 1,83,169 seats. This is the highest for any state.
- However, this year only 54,000 students have enrolled so far
- The delayed admission process has led to many parents sending children to colleges outside AP
- The Telangana stir and the fear of strikes have fed the exodus
- Poor teaching and infrastructure is another factor
Is the engineering bubble of Andhra Pradesh on the verge of bursting? Admissions into colleges across the state have fallen this year to an all-time low, sparking off debate that the state’s engineering dream is not all that it is made out to be. Many who have cleared the Engineering & Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) are giving colleges a wide berth this year.
Andhra Pradesh has 697 engineering colleges, the most among all states, and over 1.83 lakh seats in all. This year, nearly 1.5 lakh...