- 40% of the 22 crore Aadhar numbers are in Andhra Pradesh (4.7 crore) and Maharashtra (4 crore)
- 20% is what the two politically sensitive, Congress-ruled states account for of the 51 districts where DCT will be rolled out
- 55 lakh Aadhar numbers in TMC-run West Bengal. BJP-ruled Gujarat (57 lakh) and DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu (69 lakh) are other states with lowest penetration of Aadhar
- 2.35 crore is the Aadhar number in neediest BIMARU states (Bihar: 20 lakh, Madhya Pradesh: 1.2 crore, Rajasthan: 97 lakh and UP: 98 lakh).
- 55% of Aadhar numbers have been issued to the voter catchment-friendly age band of
16-45 years. Those above 66 years, who are needier, account for just 4.3% of numbers issued.
Game Of The Name
- The Rs 12,000-crore uid scheme remains outside Parliament’s ambit. Some feel Aadhar not following proper rules,...