- Dec 30, 1966 Thirty-three people were killed in a bomb blast on the Brahmaputra Mail between Kokrajhar and Fakirgram stations in lower Assam
- July 8, 1997 Thirty-three people were killed when a bomb ripped through a passenger train at Lehra Khanna railway station in Punjab’s Bhatinda district
- June 22, 1999 A powerful explosion rocked the New Jalpaiguri railway
station, killing at least nine passengers. 85 others injured, including 10 soldiers.
- March 13, 2003 A bomb attack on a commuter train in Mumbai killed eleven persons and injured several others
- July 11, 2006 185 people were killed and over 700 injured in seven bomb explosions at rail stations and on local trains in Mumbai
Some basic security measures have to be put in place by the railways for sensitive trains like the Samjhauta Express
- Proper documentation of...