Probe Panel Notes
- It is in violation of the Church laws that full rights are given to the Finance Officer, who seems to have taken liberties to sell the archdiocese’s land
- It seems that the Finance Officer was concealing facts from the Finance Council and pretending that sale of properties are yet to take place
- Saju Varghese (the real estate agent) grabbed the prime land of 62 cents without paying the sale consideration
- The Consulters’ Forum didn’t discuss the case of 23 acres of land bought at Mattoor. This has violated common law, the archdiocese’s statutes.
- Buying land in such a remote place points to the engagement of real estate lobby. Such dead investments, when the archdiocese is in debt.
- The total liability in 2015 was Rs 15.83 crore. But in three years, the total loan...