Fissures In The Family
- In defense of Nitin Gadkari, RSS sarsanghchalak Mohanrao Bhagwat called senior BJP leaders ahead of a core meet
- Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh were called. Most conspicuously, L.K. Advani was not.
- Advani had threatened to skip the meet unless given assurance that Gadkari would not be given a second term
- The RSS has maintained that Gadkari would finish his first term, though would moot issue of a second term
- Sangh views attack on Gadkari as a sustained campaign by BJP to discredit its choice of party president
- Advani, Jaitley and Narendra Modi are seen as possible perpetrators
Hours before the BJP’s core group met at the party’s Ashoka Road headquarters in Delhi on November 6, the RSS swung into action. A little after 2 pm, sarsanghchalak Mohanrao Bhagwat did what might amount to the exceptional. He picked up the phone to speak to senior BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj, Arun...