- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) The film angered VHP and Bajrang Dal, who said the film’s title hurt Hindu sentiments.
- Vishwaroopam (2013) Hindu Makkal Katchi demanded a change in the Sanskrit title to a purely Tamil one.
- RamLeela (2013) Hindu groups felt its title, trailer and pictures were offensive to Hindu mythology.
- MSG (2015) Banned in Punjab after protesters claimed the film by Dera Sacha Sauda chief would hurt Sikh sentiments.
- Haider (2014) A migrant Kashmiri Pandit protested after the Sun Temple in the song Bismil was portrayed as the ‘devil’s den’.
“Chite ki chaal, baaz ki nazar aur Bajirao ki talwar par sandeh nahin karte! Kabhi bhi maat de sakte hain,” thunders a very chiselled Ranveer Singh in near-perfect Marathi accent,...