The Cobrapost Investigation Reveals
- Politicians use chartered flights even when commercial flights are available
- They often resort to personal use
- They are not making any payments for the flight
- They are using them not just during election time
- Even ministers in office do not mind flying in planes provided by industrial houses and corporate bodies
- Political parties are not disclosing their star campaigners’ travel details to the EC fully
Ever heard of Simm Samm Airways? Or Prabhatam Aviation? The country seems to be teeming with such companies, almost all of them in the red, but still busy leasing out aircraft to politicians and businessmen. Neither the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) nor the Airports Authority of India (AAI) is forthcoming about making details on the frequency of these flights, their destination or the passenger manifest.
But an investigation by portal Cobrapost based on...