The DMK is irked with Deve Gowda for a host of reasons:
- Cauvery waters—the inordinate delay in appointing the chief for the tribunal.
- Gowda’s hour-long meeting with Jayalalitha during her visit to Delhi to depose in the Jain Commission.
- Restoration of SPG protection to Jayalalitha.
- Failure to respond to Karunanidhi’s plea at the Jain Commission to produce the former chief minister of the North-east province of Sri Lanka who is under the protection of the Indian Government.
- The half-hearted CBI investigations into allegations that Jayalalitha received $300,000 from an undisclosed source during her tenure as chief minister.