- Saravana Bhavan restaurant chain founder-proprietor P. Rajagopal began as owner of modest grocery store in K.K. Nagar, Chennai
- From one restaurant in 1981, he now has 48, including 23 in US, UK, Canada, Dubai, and other countries
- They attract 1.2 lakh customers daily, and earnings that are said to run into at least Rs 1 crore a day
- Madras High Court sentenced him to life imprisonment for murdering the husband of his employee’s daughter Jeevajyothi, whom he wanted as third wife
- His son charged with human trafficking, for sending four cooks to US on forged/fake documents
***His story has all the key ingredients of Tamil pulp fiction—money and murder, superstition, sleaze and sex—with a heightening of the lurid that is characteristic of the genre. It’s also a rags-to-riches story—of enterprise, tenacity, a homely idea parlayed into humungous success. And as in classic Greek retribution, P....