- In the just-concluded Test series against England, he batted for 31 hours and three minutes—almost the full duration of a Test—to score 602 runs in four matches. Only Sunil Gavaskar occupied the crease for a longer duration in a Test series ever—against the West Indies in 1970-71.
- His 602 is the highest by any Indian batsman in England.
- Dravid has 13 Test centuries to his name. India has won three, drawn eight and lost just one Test in which Dravid scored a century, a non-losing percentage of 91.67.
- Against New Zealand in Hamilton in the 1998-99 series, Dravid scored 190 and 103 not out. Only two other Indians—Sunil Gavaskar, three times, and Vijay Hazare have accomplished such a rare feat.
- He's India's Mr Consistent. In 64 Tests in the last six years, Dravid's batting average stands at 54.43.
(Statistics by Anant Gaundalkar)