- The increase in threshold limits will be offset by the additional one per cent rise in education cess
- Senior citizens gain the most due to benefits like medical insurance and a new reverse mortgage product
- Long-term capital gains tax remain zero for equity, but the bump comes through a higher dividend tax
- Ban on forward trading in wheat and rice to curb prices; a panel to look into a possible ban on such trading of all food items
- Peak import duty cut to 10%, which may bring down prices
- Hints that a new Income Tax Code will be introduced in Parliament this year; that’s why the FM didn’t tinker with existing tax rates
- The expected reduction in corporate tax rate didn’t happen; industry not happy
How exciting is the monthly family meeting when the next month’s budget is decided. What, there is no such meeting? You have a family conference on money only when some...