- Suspended Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry took 26 hours to cover the 260-km distance from Islamabad to Lahore
- The huge turnout along the route reflects the popular upsurge against Musharraf-and support for Chaudhry
- It shows the clout of political parties, as they organised the roadshow
- Show of people's power could prompt Benazir to rethink her decision of striking a deal with Musharraf
- PPP leader Aitizaz Ahsan is the new political hero. Could break from Benazir and form his own party
- Finally, the movement is about democracy and primacy of the rule of law.
***When the suspended chief justice of Pakistan, Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry, stepped into the four-wheel drive in Islamabad to begin his 260-km travel to the High Court Bar Council in Lahore, nobody in Pakistan had quite thought the day—May 5—could herald Pakistani democracy's
"journey into history". Nearly 26...