Decisions taken at the 14th summit
- Operationalise SAARC Development Fund
- Establish South Asian University
- Create SAARC food bank
- Set up SAARC arbitration council
- Implementation of a regional telemedicine network
- Start a museum of textiles and handicrafts
***"I dream of a day when, while retaining our respective national identities, one can have breakfast in Amritsar, lunch in Lahore and dinner in Kabul. That is how my forefathers lived. That is how I want our grandchildren to live." Wishful thinking? Well, that's how Prime Minister Manmohan Singh portrayed his vision of life in South Asia at the FICCI annual general meeting on January 8. Three months later, at the conclusion of the 14th SAARC summit in Delhi this week, when leaders of eight countries gathered to take stock of the regional grouping, it is perhaps appropriate to ask the question: is there hope...