Who Stands Where?
- Feb 1, 2014: Jashodaben gives her first interview, to Indian Express
- April 2014: Modi mentions his marital status on affidavit, in election papers
- April 2014: She goes off on a pilgrimage
- November 2014: She files an RTI application seeking details of security cover she is entitled to as PM’s wife
- Jan 1, 2015: RTI application rejected. She files an appeal.
It must have been with forlorn hope that Jashodaben of Vadnagar, in the Mehsana district of Gujarat, filed a Right to Information (RTI) petition seeking to know if she was getting the security that is due to her as Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s wife. Her application of November 25, 2014, was rejected on new year’s day this year. So she followed up on the petition by filing an appeal.
All this was surely newsworthy, having to do directly with...