What BKS Wants
- All procurement under MSP, whether in APMC (mandis) or outside
- Setting up of agriculture tribunals for resolution of farmers’ disputes in their hometowns
- Registration of ‘arhtiyas’ (agents/traders) on a government portal that can be accessed by all
- Payments to farmers within stipulated time through bank guarantee
- Prices of inputs should be controlled
- When considering quality of produce, unexpected incidents like natural calamities have to be considered
The Bharatiya Kisan Sangh (BKS) has chosen to stand alone. This Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)-affiliated farmers’ union is seeking some amendments in the contentious farm laws brought by the Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government. Yet, the organisation has refused to join farmers protesting at Delhi’s borders. BKS leaders claim it is for the benefit of peasants and...