Saffron’s Eight Sins
What went against the BJP
- Subversion of 2008 mandate ‘Operation Kamala’, getting elected Congress MLAs to resign and contest on a BJP ticket to shore up numbers, insulted the voter
- ‘Resort’ politics Every few months, BJP loyalists and dissidents in blackmailing moves were pushing off to plush clubs and resorts with scant concern for public perception
- Corruption The mining scams of the Reddy brothers in Bellary and the denotification of land in other cities, sent several ministers and even CM Yediyurappa to jail
- Casteism Under Yediyurappa, the BJP put all its eggs in Lingayat basket, even replacing D.V. Sadananda Gowda with Jagadish Shettar to keep the community happy
- Sex scandals An MLA’s wife commits suicide in Delhi, another MLA caught smooching a nurse, three MLAs caught watching porn in the legislature, a minister accused of sleeping...