Acts Of Change
- Pakistan releases a chopper that strays into Pakistani airspace in less than five hours
- India votes for Pakistan in the election to a non-permanent seat in the UNSC
- For the first time the Indian foreign minister attends a Pakistani reception in the UN
- India and Pakistan commerce ministers meet bilaterally for the first time in 35 years
- Pakistan willing to grant the MFN status to India. Visa regime to be liberalised.
Pakistan’s Northern Areas, accidentally, were experiencing unusual weather for October—the normally azure sky has been mostly cloudy, and the region has witnessed storms and rains, even light snow, in the mountains. In the inclement weather, an Indian air force chopper strayed into Pakistani airspace this week, fanning a giddy expectancy at once. Considering the past patterns of behaviour involving the two countries, many here girded themselves for a typically...