The Emerging Indian Muslim
- Increased emphasis on education
- Not willing to accept diktats from clergy
- Strongly critical of the role of bodies like the Muslim Personal Law Board
- Given the opportunity, will embrace modernity
- Educated middle-class women are breaking the stereotype, asserting themselves
- Liberals increasingly in positions of influence
- Middle class growing in strength and visibility, economically better off
- Overall population growth rate is coming down
Mushkilein mujh par padi itni/ki aasaan ho gayin
(So many problems have come my way/
that it has become easy to overcome them).
The great poet's house is located in Gali Qasim Jan, Ballimaran, in the walled city of Delhi. It is a typical Muslim mohalla, located between the Jama Masjid and Fatehpuri mosque. An...