- District judge Ashok Kumar defends DMK patriarch M. Karunanidhi in 2001, earns the ire of CM J. Jayalalitha
- Rumours gain ground about his integrity; he claims adverse remarks entered against his name
- Moves to Madras HC as addl judge
- In 2004-05, Katju takes over as Madras HC chief justice, requests CJI R.C. Lahoti to probe Kumar
- Lahoti, Y.K. Sabharwal, Ruma Pal collegium initially say no to Kumar. Lahoti later goes against them.
- Sabharwal grants another one year after he takes over as CJI in 2005
- K.G. Balakrishnan confirms Kumar as Andhra Pradesh High Court judge
After an unusually long silence, Justice Markandey Katju has made it to the headlines, again. And for three days the sensational revelations made by him in his blog ‘Satyam Bruyat: Speak the Truth’ ruled the airwaves, newspapers, even rocked Parliament as he railed against three former Supreme Court chief justices for...