Spywork For Dummies
- Lack of coordination: Turf battles have slowed down or completely blocked reform No financial accountability: Secret service funds steadily increasing, without unused funds being surrendered
- Press reports as intelligence: Artfully cloaked news reports from international publications passed off as source reports
- Poor recruitment policies: RAW suffers from the “tail-end syndrome” where UPSC bottom-rungers are offered jobs
- Archaic training: The training curriculum in RAW remains archaic and too police-centric Drift in operational work: Breaches of national security due to poor analysis and inadequate follow-up action
- Lack of cover: RAW operatives suffer from inadequate cover when posted abroad
Intelligence reforms in India have usually been an area that always sees a piecemeal approach,...