Guarantees Anil gas from RIL’s KG basin block at 44% below listed govt price. Asks Ambanis to sort it out, reveals Anil has first right to 40% of RIL’s gas from all blocks.
***What Remains Unanswered
- Is the gas allocation policy subservient to private pacts?
- Can a sub judice deal with NTPC determine the price at which gas will be sold?
- How will this affect the govt’s return on investment?
- Who will compensate govt for gas sold below set price?
- Can private investors divide gas/oil in perpetuity?
***The Way Ahead?
Legal battle may continue; govt is studying the impact on its revenues and the public interest.
***Finally, a verdict on the bruising battle between the Ambani brothers over the supply of natural gas from...