The Gap Widens
- Delhi: 193 km by October, carrying over 20 lakh people Calcutta 23 km, 4.25 lakh passengers a day
- Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore: Desperately seeking their own metros.
- Mumbai: Needs to add 1,500 new buses to its existing fleet of 4,200
- Chennai: Passengers jostle for space in the city’s 3,300 buses. Delhi will have 6,000 before October.
- Bangalore: Frequent power cuts every day, the state facing a 14 per cent power shortfall
- Calcutta: Only 1,225 MW of power generated daily, needs at least 1,500 MW
- Delhi: will get 6,000 MW, more than it needs.
- Hyderabad: Revamped...