In The Ascendant?
After being battered for months, the headlines are changing for the Manmohan Singh government:
- R.P. Singh, an insider from CAG, has disputed the CAG figure in the 2G spectrum allocation scam
- The flop of the 2G re-auction seems to underline UPA’s case for first-come-first-served allocation
- The travails of BJP president Nitin Gadkari at the hands of his own partymen have helped
- Kamal Nath and Rajiv Shukla have managed the parliamentary impasse over the FDI debate
- The hanging of Ajmal Kasab has struck a chord with some sections of the population
- Cash transfers are an electoral trumpcard of sorts
Money, they say, makes the world go round. After months and seasons of despair, there is suddenly a spring in the step of Congress leaders. Pushed into a corner, they have pulled quite a rabbit out of their hat in the form of direct cash transfers. The efficacy, morality and workability...