- Abdur Rahman, Bangla Bhai arrested
- Their agenda: establish a Taliban-like state in Bangladesh
- Three other leaders too behind bars
- Danger not over yet: 2,000 suicide bombers prowling the country
- More than a lakh willing to support the Islamist cause
When Jamaatul Mujaheedin Bangladesh (JMB) supremo Shaekh Abdur Rahman surrendered to the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) personnel who had surrounded his hideout on March 2 in Sylhet district, it was only a matter of time before his protege Bangla Bhai too got caught. Nobody in Bangladesh was surprised at his arrest on March 6 from a remote village in northwestern Mymensingh district, where he and his aide were hurt in a blast they had triggered to ward off the RAB personnel from nabbing them.
Once described by the Dhaka government as a mere "media creation", Abdur Rahman has revealed during interrogation that bombings in cinema halls, assassination bids,...