Babel Of Bhashas
- Himachal Pradesh (14): Baghati, Spiti, Todpa, Mandiali, Kinnauri
- Uttarakhand (12): Marchha, Siraji, Ravalti, Tharu, Jaunsari
- Gujarat (45): Kunkana, Rathuri, Nayaki, Bhantu, Dahewali
- Madhya Pradesh (18): Sikarwari, Nimari, Nahal, Korku, Bardi
- Rajasthan (12): Maad, Jagroti, Talhati, Pachwara, Mewati
- Maharashtra (16): Bawari, Thakari, Malvani, Ahirani, Ramoshi
How many languages are spoken in contemporary India and which are these? We have never perhaps been closer to a more accurate answer to this fundamental question that has so far always generated estimates. More than a century after George Abraham Grierson, a British linguist, launched the Linguistic Survey of India (LSI) in 1894, results of a path-breaking People’s Linguistic Survey of India (PLSI) have begun...